Wednesday, January 30, 2013

11 Week Update


Date: January 29, 2013

Next Doctor’s Appointment: February 20, 2013 3:45pm
Baby’s size: Baby is the size of a lime.

How far along: About 11 weeks
Total weight gain: 2 pounds.  Current weight: 112
Sleep: I am finally starting to feel like I can catch up on my sleep at night although, my stamina is still a little low.  When I have errands to run, grocery shopping to do, school work to finish and housework to keep up with, I find myself having to take a moment and relax.  It’s hard to remember not to push yourself too hard.  Kiley and I have been doing yoga every day for a few weeks now, and I think maybe the yoga has helped me find more energy.
Maternity Clothes: I am still not wearing any maternity clothes.  Everything still fits, but I always feel bloated, so sometimes I feel like my shirts look weird on me. Some of my skinny jeans need to be fastened with rubber bands after I eat (they get tight!), but my legs and butt still fit in them just fine.  I want to find a bunch of long maxi dresses for the summer.
Food cravings: I wanted carrots the other night so, Kiley took me to the grocery store to get some.  I keep seeing cotton candy on Pinterest, so I want some of that (although that may not ever happen unless I find myself in a carnival somewhere haha).  I’d also like to have some of my mama’s homemade caramels… they’re literally the best thing in the world.  I’m still jealous that I haven’t had any of uncle Bob’s famous homemade spicy beef jerky this year because that stuff is also the bee’s knees! I snack on fruits a lot.  It is a good thing strawberries have been on sale because I have been known to eat an entire package of them in one day, on more than one occasion…

Food aversions: Smells kind of bother me now.  Sometimes when food is cooking, it makes me feel weird.  I love garlic but smelling it cooking makes me feel weird as well.  I prefer things less seasoned these days as well.
Symptoms I have: My belly seems bloated all the time now.  Mild fatigue follows me everywhere but it isn’t nearly as bad as it has been in the past.  I get an occasional headache and I am visiting the bathroom more than normal as well.
Stretchmarks: No stretch marks. I want to get bio oil to prevent them as much as I can.
Movement: The baby moves and dances around all the time, I just wish I could feel it!
Belly Button: Belly button is an innie and my abs are going away… Kiley joked this week that he was jealous because I am pregnant and still have better abs than him.  I think he was trying to make me feel better about my changing body, but it was still super sweet!
Gender: Still don’t know the gender and we haven’t decided 100% on if we want to know… We have talked about the baby shower being a gender reveal!
Best moment of the week: The best moment of the week was waking up one morning and feeing the hard bump about 3 fingers below my belly button.  I was laying on my back and had to text Kiley to let him know.  The bump hadn’t ever felt that prominent before, so it was cool and it felt big (like an orange).  Later that evening, I laid on my back to have Kiley feel and couldn’t find the hard bump as well. 
What I’m looking forward to: I’m looking forward to having an actual baby bump and staying heathy throughout this pregnancy so I can be skinny again haha.  I also can’t wait to feel the baby move.
What I miss: As vain as this sounds, I miss feeling super skinny.  I realize that I'm groing a little baby inside of me, it's just the bloated feeling I could do without (it is uncomfortable!).  Even though I am bigger than normal, I have four photo shoots within the next couple of weeks and after that, I will have to take a break away from modeling for a while… that saddens me a bit.   

I saw a girl on Pinterest that did weekly updates of her belly photos with notes on a chalkboard.  I loved the idea and I'm adopting it too! From here on out, I'm hoping I get more creative with it! I should definitely not take them right when I wake up next time... haha #bedhead #nomakeup 

No comments:

Post a Comment