Wednesday, January 30, 2013

10 Week Update


Date: January 16, 2013

Doctor’s Appointment: The doctor’s appointment was today and it was a very special one! My mom flew into town all the way from CO to be with us for it.  Kiley wasn’t supposed to come to the appointment because he had to work and wasn’t going to be able to sneak away.  He ended up catching some sort of 24 hour bug yesterday and stayed home from work today, though! So he got to come to the appointment too! How blessed I feel. Right away, the nurse took  my weight (111lbs) and took us to the room to hear the baby’s heartbeat through the doppler! Before the nurse put the Doppler to my belly, she said, “Now, you’re still a little early so don’t be alarmed if we cant find the heartbeat.” I said, “Ok”. And began listening intently.  Right away, she found the heartbeat! I was in awe as we heard it! “Whoosh, whoosh whoosh”! She said it was at a steady 160 bpm.  Our little miracle.  They weren’t supposed to perform a sonogram at this appointment, but since my mama was in town from CO, they decided to do one anyway.  It was really special that they made that happen for us.  The three of us went across the hallway and prepared to see baby.  I laid back on the table and we all looked to the screen with anticipation.  I love seeing the baby so much. When the technician started, we saw our child right away! The little body is shaped like a human already! Little fingers and toes! For a few moments, we got to see the baby dancing around in there! I was in such awe.  Those little arms and legs flailing everywhere! What a miracle it is to see an active little baby in there.  Once the baby was finished dancing, he/she curled its feet and arms into fetal position and slowly sank down to the bottom of the uterus and relaxed.  I will never forget this precious moment. The next appointment is Feb 20, 2013.
Baby’s size: Baby is the size of a prune.

How far along: About 10 weeks! Already done with 1/4 of the pregnancy!
Total weight gain: 1 pound.  Current weight: 111
Sleep: Still very sleepy.  I sleep soundly through the night with the occasional bathroom break or two.  I’m still sleeping on my belly or flat on my back… any position, really.
Maternity Clothes: Mom and I went to Target while she was here and got some DEALS on non maternity clothes from the clearance rack.  She also bought me my first maternity dress! It’s a cute, simple, knee length black dress with rouching on the sides (room for growth).  I love it!
Food cravings: Nothing in particular.  My aversions have calmed down a bit, and more things seem appetizing to me. 
Food aversions: Like I said, the food aversions have calmed down. 
Symptoms I have: Occasional sore breasts and cramping in the abdomen.  Fatigued to the max, lately! Pressure in my abdomen and bloating is making me look less fit than normal.  I know I’m pregnant, but I don’t want my body to change! Lol I want to go from abs to sweet little belly… none of this in-between bloated business…
Stretchmarks: No stretch marks.
Movement: The baby is making sharp movements inside my body all the time and we got to see them for ourselves through the ultrasound this week!!! It kind of looked like the baby felt like it had a falling sensation because the arms and legs were flailing around like crazy!
Belly Button: Innie.  My stomach looks pretty similar, still. I look bloated. My abs are kind of going away and I get a little swollen in the belly after I eat (most likely from the digestive system slowing down to extract as much nutrients from the food as possible).  The after-eating bloat belly is very firm and round.  Occasionally, I can feel the little lime-sized bump in my belly when I lay down or lean back.  I felt it yesterday while Kiley and I were doing yoga.  He stopped to feel it too.  It is all still so surreal.
Gender: Still don’t know the gender.
Best moment of the week: The best moment was seeing the baby move and dance around with my mom and Kiley there to enjoy it with me.
What I’m looking forward to: I’m looking forward to being beyond this bloated phase and onto cute belly bump status!
What I miss: I miss Colorado and hope Kiley and I will be able to raise this baby there.  Maybe not now, but in a year or so.  Either way, as long as the three of us are together, I don’t care where we are.   



No comments:

Post a Comment