Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Our Story


Where it all began:

It was December of 2011 when I was contacted by Hunter, owner of Three Nails Photography in Shreveport, LA, about modeling for him in his next wedding workshop.  At these workshops, Hunter has a team of models, designers, vendors and more.  It is a weekend affair.  He teaches a group of aspiring photographers the ins and outs of the wedding photography business as well as styles extremely intricate faux weddings for them to photgraph.  He teaches how to shoot bridal photos, engagement photos and wedding photos.  I had been following his work for a little while and was thrilled when he asked me to be a part of something so spectacular.  So I made arrangements to model for his March 2012 workshop in Shreveport, LA. I had such a great time staying with Hunter and his wife Brittany.  Love them both!! I ended up meeting a bunch of amazing people at this workshop and made lifelong friends in the process.  But to spare you the amazing modeling details, this story is about Kiley and I.  Kiley happened to be the groom model for the workshop.  Although he was from the Shreveport area (Bossier City), he was attending graduate school in New Orleans.  So he drove in from New Orleans and I flew in from CO.  Neither of us knew each other until the day of the wedding photo shoot.  I will never forget this... It was March 25, 2012... I had just gotten my hair and makeup finished and I slipped into the wedding gown.  As Hunter is teaching the last 20 minutes of his workshop, I see a tall handsome man walking through the doors of the Dixie Cotton Gin (the location for the shoot).  The sunlight was perfect.  It was late afternoon and as he approached us, the sun shined behind him.  I’m not kidding; I got so nervous when I saw him walking towards me.  What a beautiful man.  I couldn’t help but wonder who he was.  Immediately, I came to and realized that I would be modeling with HIM!!! This was the groom.  Flustered, I introduced myself and we chatted a little bit.  Then, he changed and we all got ready to drive down the road to shoot the bridal party photos.  The workshop attendees all carpooled and I rode with Kiley in his car.  On the way, we chatted and decided that it would be fun to hang out that night.  Modeling with him was a dream.  Everyone kept asking Hunter if we were a real couple because the chemistry was so perfect.  


We were both in denial about it at first, but ultimately, we discovered that we were a perfect match.  The rest of the story is history.  I enjoyed the rest of my trip and got to see Kiley a couple of times before I left town and headed back to CO.  After that, Kiley and I stayed in touch.  We talked a lot on the phone and we traveled together all summer.  I went to New Orleans to visit him, we road tripped to the beach in Destin, FL  and he came to CO for a while too, where we traveled all over the state from Bishop's Castle in San Isabel to Aspen.  







At the end of the summer, Kiley was ready to start pursuing a career in his degree field.  He chose Dallas, TX as a place to start and said he wanted me to move to Dallas, too.  I didn’t have anything to lose.  I had lived in CO my entire life and never ventured out to experience a new environment.  So I made arrangements and moved to Dallas.  We continued to date and fall more deeply in love.  




No comments:

Post a Comment