Wednesday, January 30, 2013

7 Week Update


Date: December 26, 2012
First Official Doctor’s Appointment

Doctor’s Appointment: After all of the craziness since the day we found out we were pregnant with two home pregnancy tests on December 10, 2012, this has been a huge rollercoaster for Kiley and I.  It has only been 16 days so I hope the rest of this pregnancy goes without a hitch! Haha We went into our first official doctor’s appointment (with Dr. Stevenson) expecting the worst – a confirmation of what the ER doctors had told us two weeks earlier – that we were miscarrying.  We went into the exam room as the nurse had a “goody bag” for us and asked cheerfully if we were excited.  I began to explain that we were unsure because we had been told that we might be miscarrying, based on what two ER doctors had told us two weeks ago.  After taking down a bit more information and referring to the medical paperwork faxed from the ER, they decided to do an ultrasound right away.  They scooped up the goody bag and took Kiley and I across the hall into the ultrasound room where I  laid back onto the table.  As she performed the ultrasound, I immediately saw a MUCH larger baby than the ultrasound we had two weeks earlier at the ER.  Am I seeing things? Is our baby actually growing??? Then, we saw the heartbeat.  It was all a blur but I think she said that the heartbeat was a healthy, strong 130bpm.  Kiley and I were shocked. After that, she answered all of our questions about why the other doctors told us we were miscarrying when we clearly weren’t.  She explained that it could have been a mirayid of reasons from testing my hormone levels at different times of day to sending the two beta tests to different labs.  Doctor Stevenson then went over a bunch of pamphlets on tests, classes and information we will need throughout the coming months.  After that, we grabbed our samples of prenatal vitamins, made our next appointment for January 16, 2013 at 3pm and went on our way.  Needless to say, the rest of the day was a blur because of all of the emotions and new information.  Kiley and I are going to be parents.
Baby’s size: The baby is the size of a blueberry!


How far along: 7 weeks 5 days
Total weight gain: 1 pound.  Current weight: 111

Sleep: Very sleepy the past few weeks… now we know why!
Maternity Clothes: Nope
Food cravings: I really wanted a pizza lunchable this evening, but I don’t think it was necessarily a craving.
Food aversions: none
Symptoms I have: Very tender breasts, fatigue and lower back pain.
Stretchmarks: none
Movement: none
Belly Button: innie
Gender: I don’t really want to find out but Kiley does, so we’ll see…
Best moment of the week: Realizing that God chose me to carry and nurture a child and bring him/her into this world with such an incredible man by my side.  What an overwhelming feeling...
What I’m looking forward to: At the next doctor’s appointment, they will run all sorts of tests on me.  I’m looking forward to learning the results of these tests and that baby is healthy and growing
What I miss: Nothing


(A photo of Kiley and I from Christmas 2012 - 7 Weeks Pregnant)

(7 weeks pregnant in CO)

Also, Kiley turns 24 this week (on December 29th) so, happy birthday Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment