Sunday, February 3, 2013

12 Week Update


Date: February 1, 2013

Next Doctor’s Appointment:
February 20, 2013 3:45pm
Baby’s size: Baby is the size of a large plum this week!

How far along: About 12 weeks
Total weight gain:  Gaining steady! 3 pounds so far.  Current weight: 113
Sleep: I am sleeping great and still getting up one to three times at night to pee.  I am also still sleeping on my stomach. 
Maternity Clothes: Although I do have a few maternity items in my closet, I am not wearing any maternity clothes yet. My skinny jeans all still fit but I think I may have to retire my smallest pair of adorable Free People mint corduroy skinnies within the next few weeks. I can’t button them anymore. However, my mom and her boyfriend said that they are sending me a belly band to wear over unbuttoned jeans to extend the life of my non maternity clothes (score)!! So maybe my favorite skinnies can stick around for a while longer. 
Exercise: Kiley and I have still been doing our daily 1 hour yoga sessions.  I really enjoy doing it, especially with him. I may have taken my yoga practice a little too intensely this week because I was having some round ligament pain on Sunday, so I decided to rest a day.  I'm not used to being unable to do all of the physical activity I was able to do in the past.  It is hard to pace yourself when you're pregnant but I'm learning to listen to my body.
Food cravings: This week, I was craving crab legs.  Kiley took me to Joe’s Crab Shack and I got the Crab Daddy Feast!!! I felt so spoiled that night to have a craving satisfied.  And two nights later, we went to the supermarket and crab legs were on sale! So we had 3 pounds of crab legs steamed and I got to feast on it all by myself! Kiley had already eaten, but he sat there and helped me crack through the crab legs… what a sweetie! I definitely got my crab legs fix.  Before you all go psycho on me, I realize that a pregnant woman is supposed to limit her shellfish intake while pregnant, which is why these two meals were such a huge indulgence and treat for me! I haven't had crab legs since before I got pregnant and they have been my all time favorite food since I was about 17.  Cut me some slack! I also don’t think I ever mentioned that I am taking the gummy prenatal vitamins.  I love them and look forward to taking them every day.  The big pills just weren’t cutting it for me.
Food aversions: Smells are still bothering me.  I used to LOVE cheeseburgers, but now they hardly ever sound appetizing to me.  I feel like I can eat anything again, but I have been craving “carnival foods” like soft pretzels with cheese and cotton candy. haha Thankfully, I have been avoiding these bad-for-you cravings, for now.  I keep remembering that everything that goes into my mouth is what is supposed to provide nutrients for this precious babe.  
Symptoms I have: My belly seems to have popped out over night! Maybe? Kiley doesn't think so... Maybe all the bloat (and PRESSURE ON MY BLADDER) is getting to me haha  I think it is because this week, my uterus is moving further up into my abdomen, relieving the pressure from my bladder (Move on up, baby! I'd love to release this bladder pressure).  I like waking up in the mornings and feeling that hard bubble in my belly. I also have a bit of cramping in my abdomen sometimes and my breasts have definitely grown too.  Another symptom is that I have been breaking out on my face.  I haven't ever really suffered from breakouts before, so it has been difficult to get used to virtually everything changing with my body.  I can't use my typical zit cream more often than once a week (which I have been trying to avoid altogether anyway), so If anyone has natural remedies for breakouts, please let me know in the comments section! I would appreciate the advice!
Stretchmarks: No stretch marks. My cousin Nikki sent me the sweetest care package this week! I miss CO and my family back home SO MUCH and the package reminded me that they’re all back home missing me too! She sent some cocoa butter stretch mark cream that I have been using and it feels DIVINE!  I love it!
Movement: I’m really looking forward to feeling some movement and having Kiley feel it too! Sometimes, I think I feel something, but I haven’t had that sure feeling of, “OMG, the baby kicked!!!” yet. 
Belly Button: My belly button is still an innie but it feels kind of stretched.  My belly always feels so tight and feels super bloated.
Gender: We still don’t know the gender and we haven’t decided 100% on if we want to know…
Best moment of the week: The best moments of this week were getting the sweet care package from my cousin Nikki as well as satisfying my first real craving for crab legs!!! I can’t tell you how happy and satisfied I am after this week!
What I’m looking forward to: I am looking forward to feeling the baby move!!!!!!!  x 1,000,000,000,000
Additional Details: If you didn't know already, I'm still pursuing my Bachelors degree in Business Management through Colorado State University.  The coursework is set up into 8 week trimesters as opposed to 16 week semesters.  So, it's fast paced learning.  They only allow you to take a couple of classes per trimester.  This past term, I ended up with straight A's.  I never thought I would be a great online learner, but determination has gotten me somewhere, so far.  I get discouraged sometimes at how long it has taken  me to complete this degree, but through working full time, going to school full time, pursuing modeling through an agency and without one, moving far outside my comfort zone in a city where I didn't know a soul, I am happy where I am in life.  Speaking of modeling, I just got my first magazine cover in Rocky Mountain Bride Colorado and I also just got word that a series I did at 8 weeks pregnant is being published in the national magazine called Papercut.  Anyway, since I got straight A's last trimester and our baby is due before the winter term (my estimated graduation date), my school adviser is allowing me to take 3 classes this trimester.  I'm a little nervous, but I know I can do it!
(Here's the cover of the Spring 2012 edition of Rocky Mountain Bride)

What I miss: I don’t miss anything at this point. Everything is great and I am feeling more blessed than I have ever felt.   



1 comment: