Wednesday, May 1, 2013

24 Week Update


Date: April 26, 2013

Next Doctor’s Appointment:  May 20, 2013
Baby’s size:  Baby is the size of an eggplant! My "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book says my uterus is now the size of a soccer ball. My friend Natosha just reminded me that this week, baby has finally reached the point of viablity! This means her survival rate outside of the womb has jumped from 35% to (up to) 70%.  


How far along:  24 weeks!  Baby is gaining about 3 ounces a week in muscle and bone mass!
Total weight gain: +11 pounds.  Current weight: 121
Sleep:  Still sleeping well.  When I sit and do homework for long periods of time, I get restless but I should probably get up and stretch more often. 
Maternity Clothes:  No new maternity clothes. Mostly wearing all of my pre pregnancy clothes.
 Food cravings: I have been eating two apples a day, blackberries and strawberries.  If pineapple wasn’t so expensive, I’d probably eat it constantly.  I also still love my creamy chocolate slimfast shakes.
 Food aversions: none
Symptoms I have: Nothing new. I still get growing pains, feel like I can eat everything in sight sometimes, gaining weight and when it's hot outside, my feet, face and hands get kind of swollen (see weekly update photo above for swollen face).  I am doing my best to stay healthy.  Through it all, I really love pregnancy and I really love my little sugar.
 Movement: Our little girl is getting stronger and stronger.  I love feeling her move.
Belly Button: My belly button is starting to become an outie.  I love it.
Gender: girl
 Best moment of the week:  Kiley had an interview in CO this week, so although it was a short 1 day visit, it was still so nice to see everyone! 
What I miss:  I will always miss Colorado & my family and friends there.
What I’m looking forward to: Finishing school!
 Additional Details: I’ve been back on track with some new workouts.  I am on a mission to tone up my arms, legs and butt more so all I will have to really focus on after the baby is born is my abdominal area.  I plan to be in the best shape of my life after the baby is born so these last three months of pregnancy are no time to waste!


8 comments:

  1. I love this blog, Bryt! I'm so happy for you and Kiley, and I can't wait to meet your beautiful daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe we love you so much! We are excited to meet her too! :)

      Delete
  2. You look so beautiful!! It's fun to see your posts!! xoxox :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! I am excited to see you in a few weeks and show you this belly in person! :)

      Delete