Saturday, May 4, 2013

25 Week Update


Date: May 3, 2013






Next Doctor’s Appointment:  May 20, 2013
 Baby’s size:  Baby is the size of a cauliflower!
 
How far along:  25 weeks!  This means we can be meeting her in as little as 12 weeks (when I am full-term)!
Total weight gain: +12 pounds.  Current weight: 122
Sleep:  I sleep well, but getting comfortable is getting a little more difficult.  I can feel pressure on my lungs when I am laying in certain positions. Her kicks never wake me up.  I wake up to pee a couple of times a night and just to switch from one side to another. 
Maternity Clothes:  Still wearing all of my pre-pregnancy clothes.  My shirts are getting a little short for my belly lol
 Food cravings: Still Slimfast protein shakes, fruit and I can always go for seafood... barbecue sounds good too!
 Food aversions: none... absolutely everything sounds good, usually! I don't get super full, ever, so it is getting difficult to decide when to stop eating! 
Symptoms I have: Just growing pains and fatigue. Feeling great and loving pregnancy more and more.
 Movement: I think it is so much fun when she turns around in there!  I can feel her body do the worm when she flips.  Kiley has gotten a few chances to feel her turn. We are so blessed and thankful every day for a healthy, growing baby girl.
Belly Button: My belly button is officially a 24/7 outie!
Gender: girl!
 Best moment of the week:  Still proud to be making it through school.  I am blessed to be able to get an education and I need to remind myself of that constantly when I get stressed out.  Online learning is challenging because I feel like I have to teach myself most of the material.  This experience has made me a much more disciplined learner.  My roomie, bestie and co-worker from CO, Tyler, came to stay with me for a couple of nights this week! It was such a treat to be able to see her.  I tell you all the time, I miss my CO fam so much.  It’s a complete joy whenever I get to spend time with them.
What I miss:  I will always miss Colorado & my family and best friends there.  I also miss raw sushi although, cali rolls and unagi are plenty to satisfy me.  I REALLY miss sleeping flat on my back and on my stomach.  I miss my abs and being able to do as intense of workouts as I could. haha this week is full of them! I am more than happy, though, to give these things up (and so much more) for my daughter. 
What I’m looking forward to: I’m looking forward to the changes that will be happening in our lives over the next couple of months.  There are lots of exciting things on the horizon before our sweet baby arrives!
 Additional Details: Although I miss CO, I am not complaining about being able to sit poolside in 80+ degree weather as Colorado continues to battle snow storms in MAY.  Nothing will ever beat those mountain views, though. Also, It seems like these updates are happening more frequently lately... It is crazy how fast time has flown by.  I can't say enough about how  much I have loved this pregnancy and the entire experience.  I love my baby and her daddy. I am so grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment