Friday, May 17, 2013

27 Week Update


Date: May 17, 2013




Next Doctor’s Appointment:  May 29, 2013… we now will be seeing the doctor every 2 weeks until the baby is born.
 Baby’s size:  Baby is the size of a squash!
How far along:  27 weeks!  Baby is 10 weeks from full term and has reached an 80% survival rate if she were to be born this week.
Total weight gain: +16 pounds.  Current weight: 126
Sleep:  I have the craziest, most detailed dreams! I sleep well, still, with a nest of three pillows surrounding me.  This week, I experienced my first tornado warning in TX.  An F4 tornado was near us and I heard tornado sirens for the first time in my life.  I’m not sure I slept very well that night.  People in my area were unharmed, but there were a few fatalities from the storm… praying for those people and their families… anyway, I had some really bad dreams the night of the tornado... I admit, I was scared.
Maternity Clothes:  No new maternity clothes.  I want to find a cute dress to wear to Kiley’s sister Kalena’s wedding as well as my baby shower.
 Food cravings:  Because I have been gaining weight more rapidly than I am supposed to for two weeks in a row, I really need to watch my sweets. Two pounds a week doesn't sound like much, but you're only supposed to gain half a pound to a pound per week. I am determined to get into my pre-baby body asap after our girl is born and it will be easier to do so if I stay fit during this pregnancy... not to mention, delivery is much easier for women who stay within a reasonable weight range.  I plan to post my postpartum body progress on my blog after the baby is born.  I want to keep myself motivated, hold myself accountable and hopefully inspire other moms to stay fit during pregnancy.  I have been having a scoop of peanut butter mixed with a scoop of nutella to curb my sweet tooth. It tastes like a Reese's cup and the protein in the peanut butter (I prefer reduced fat Jif) curbs my appetite for a little while. So far, it works.
 Food aversions: none
Symptoms I have: No new symptoms besides weight gain, growing pains and baby movement!  Baby girl was already head down at our 26 week appointment, which explains the increasing amount of pelvic floor pressure I feel… The doctor said I am carrying her really low which has been associated with a slightly early delivery but I will be ready whenever my daughter decides it is her birthday.
 Movement: I feel her multiple times a day and I love it when I do.
Belly Button: Total outie.
Gender:  girl
 Best moment of the week:  We made some big decisions this week as far as our future is concerned… It’s nice to have some decisions made so we can move ourselves on to bigger and better things! My cousins Nikki & Chad are having a baby just a couple months after me and we found out this week that they’re having a BOY!!! I am so thrilled for them and for my baby’s very first best friend!
What I miss:  Still miss the beach… oh, and laying on my belly. 
What I’m looking forward to: Getting the baby nursery set up at some point.  That will be fun!  
 Additional Details:  I have been pregnant for 189 days… wow! I am about to finish this school term off strong with straight A’s again! Only one more 8 week term until I have a 2 week break! 

1 comment:

  1. You look gorgeous Bryt! It's sweet to watch your journey.

    ReplyDelete