Saturday, May 11, 2013

26 Week Update


Date: May 10, 2013


Next Doctor’s Appointment:  May 15, 2013
 Baby’s size:  Baby is the size of a head of lettuce! She is about 15 inches from head to toe and weighs over 2 pounds.  She has doubled in weight since two weeks ago. Below is a video on baby's development during the 26th week.  She is opening and closing her eyes now!




How far along:  26 weeks!  This means we can be meeting her in as little as 11 weeks (full-term)!
Total weight gain: +14 pounds.  Current weight: 124
Sleep:  I can’t really complain.  I am able to fall asleep without a problem. 
Maternity Clothes:  No new maternity clothes… mostly wearing pre pregnancy clothes with the belly band as well as dresses.
 Food cravings: I haven’t had crawfish in a long time… also char broiled oysters sound amazing…
 
 Food aversions: none
Symptoms I have: No new symptoms besides weight gain, growing pains and baby movement!
 Movement: She is moving around so much.  I listen to music through my earbuds sometimes and I place one earbud on my tummy.  I have found that she loves Jack Johnson radio and Bob Marley radio on Pandora.  I think she just likes music, in general. We like jammin’ together!
Belly Button: Total outie.
Gender:  girl
 Best moment of the week:  Kiley and I go to the park almost every day to throw the frisbee for an hour or so.  I look forward to that time of day everyday now.
What I miss:  I am missing the beach.  I could truly spend all day everyday in the sunshine, salt water and sand… I can’t wait to take our daughter on vacations to the beach.  I think it’ll be her favorite place to visit, just like it is mine. 
What I’m looking forward to: I’m looking forward to the changes that will be happening in our lives over the next couple of months.  There are lots of exciting things on the horizon before our sweet baby arrives!
 Additional Details: This weekend is Mother’s Day and I am sad because I won’t get to spend it with my mama… I miss her so much.  I wish I could be with her to show her how special she is to me. I also just realized that this is my very first Mother’s Day… It is kind of strange to think that.   Mother’s Day makes me reflect.  I am so happy our daughter will get to know my mama and Kiley’s grandma (MeMom) – two amazing women who have had HUGE impacts on our lives.  On the other hand, I am sad that she will never know Kiley’s mom or my nana – two other amazing women who have been huge influences on the courses of our lives as well.  I really wish they were around to see they joy in our lives right now… they would be so proud of us.  I am way too emotional about it to even type about anymore. Happy Mother's day to all of the mamas and mamas to be this week!!!









1 comment:

  1. I know how it feels to wish your SO's mama could be around to meet your little one. I still wonder what Charlotte would think about Madeline. On a happier note, the thought of you and Kiley playing frisbee makes me smile :) He is so good to you, I couldn't be happier for you guys! Your bump is so cute!!!! I hope your first mother's day is wonderful :) I love you :)

    ReplyDelete