Monday, April 1, 2013

20 Week Update


Date: March 28, 2013




Here is a video update on a baby's progress at 5 months, 1 week!

 


Next Doctor’s Appointment:  April 17, 2013
 Baby’s size:  Baby is the size of a Melon!
 
How far along:  We are 20 weeks along!
Total weight gain: +8 pounds.  Current weight: 118
Sleep:  Sleeping well!
Maternity Clothes:  Dresses are my thing, especially with this growing bump! Maxi dresses are cute.  I also like the form fitted, knee length ones.  I can still button all of my pre pregnancy jeans, but it’s just more comfortable to wear the belly band with some of them.
 Food cravings: I want some more of my mama’s green chili… and I still can't get enough fresh fruit!
 Food aversions: none
Symptoms I have: This has been an easy week as far as symptoms.  Mostly just growing pains and body aches, but nothing new! I’m not sure if I ever mentioned this, but riding around in Kiley’s Mini Cooper drops my stomach sometimes (ever since I got pregnant).  He doesn’t drive crazy, so I’m not sure what that is from (the extra fluid, maybe?).  Anyway, I realized on my trip to CO that taking off in an airplane gives me the same feeling I get when I go down the first drop on a rollercoaster! Major stomach drop! It was a lot of fun haha
 Movement: Her kicks are getting stronger and I can feel them from the outside really well.  They’re super unpredictable so nobody but Kiley has felt them from the outside yet.  Kiley has felt a little bit of movement before but Easter Sunday (March 31, 2013) was the first time he felt her really moving in there.  I will treasure those moments.  When I was in CO, I sang John Mayer to her and she kicked me. She likes him.
Belly Button: A weird looking innie… flattening out.
Gender: Girl, girl, girl
 Best moment of the week:  Celebrating the first year with Kiley. We met on March 24, 2012! Every day since meeting him has become the best day of my life.  I love him with my whole heart.  Here are some of my favorite photos of us from the year:




















This week, we also celebrated the wedding of one of my best friends, Carolyn, to her new hubby Aaron! The day was so perfect and so much fun!!!  I was so happy to have been chosen as one of her bridesmaids. Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Bidwell!!! (photos of the wedding to come!)
What I miss:  Colorado and my family.
What I’m looking forward to: Going back to Colorado!
 Additional Details: I recently received some photos from a few photo shoots I’ve done recently. I thought it would be fun to share them with you!
 This first series is by Devin Willow (Styling by Mirabai Wagner) and I was only 2 weeks pregnant in these photos! This was right before we found out!









This series is by Clint Earhart (Makeup and hair by Lindsay Ambrosio).  I was eight weeks pregnant in this series. 






This series is by Maria Hibbs and was when I was about 11 weeks pregnant, I believe.














3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who got knocked up it the first year of the relationship ;) you and Kiley are adorable and I'm sure baby Grant will be too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha well through all of the precautions, it happened! When you consider the fact that it is infinitely more probable for life to have never existed than the lives we have all blessed with, I can't see this baby as anything less than a complete miracle! We are never given anything we cannot handle and this journey has really opened up my eyes even more to the beauty that exists everywhere around us. I love you Crystal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun reading this and seeing your beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete