Saturday, April 13, 2013

22 Week Update


Date: April 12, 2013



Next Doctor’s Appointment:  April 17, 2013
 Baby’s size:  Baby is the size of a papaya and weighs one whole pound! She is expected to gain another pound within the next four weeks!
 
How far along:  We are 22 weeks along! Only two weeks from viability.  Viability is known as premature birth survival and is said to be at 24 weeks of gestation.  In many hospitals, 24 weeks is the cutoff point for when doctors will use intensive medical intervention to attempt to save the life of a baby born prematurely.  Obviously, odds of survival increase as the pregnancy progresses.  After being (incorrectly) told at 5 weeks that I was miscarrying this baby (and having several very close friends and family experience such a tragic loss as miscarriage), I will be very excited to make it to 24 weeks pregnant.  I feel so blessed to have made it this far.  I love being pregnant and carrying a miracle of life inside me.  I love basing each decision I make off of the sweet innocent baby girl that I carry with me everywhere I go. 
Total weight gain: +9 pounds.  Current weight: 119
Sleep:  Sleep has been a little bit of an issue this week.  I noticed that a couple of nights, I couldn’t seem to get comfortable.  There are only two sleep positions for me now: Right side or left side.  I think the lack of options is what hinders me.  I now use three pillows for comfort at night (two of them, king size). 
Maternity Clothes:  I don’t think I will need many maternity items.  My belly is still growing, but my pants and shorts all fit well.  I am so happy it is warming up outside.  Summer is my favorite time of year! 
 Food cravings: Still loving fruit and slimfast shakes. 
 Food aversions: none
Symptoms I have: No new symptoms.  Feeling great and loving pregnancy. I did have an episode this week where I completely blacked out for a little bit.  I will be talking to the doctor about that during my appointment this week.  I am well hydrated and I do my best to take it easy with the physical activity, so as to keep my blood pressure steady.  I think it has something to do with my anemia.
 Movement: Some days, she is more active than others. I usually only feel her movement a few times a day for a few minutes. I love the active days!
Belly Button: starting to poke out a little
Gender: girl <3
 Best moment of the week:  The best moment this week was going back to Bossier/Shreveport to visit Kiley’s family.  I haven’t seen them in a few months, so it was really nice to catch up with everyone. 
What I miss:  I miss Colorado & my family and friends there.
What I’m looking forward toGoing back to Colorado! Kiley has an interview in CO later this month, so we will be going back for a short couple of days.  I am excited!
 Additional Details: I had to go in to the doctor’s office last week to run some lab work.  They just drew my blood to check up on me.  I found out that I am still anemic and I still have to take my iron supplements every day, but my levels are doing much better (yay!).  I am doing everything I can to make sure this baby comes into the world as nourished and healthy as possible. On a side note, everyone keeps asking if we have chosen a name.  The answer is no.  We haven’t decided. We want to find something that’s feminine, has a nice meaning behind it and is unique.



No comments:

Post a Comment