Monday, February 25, 2013

15 Week Update


Date: February 22, 2013

Next Doctor’s Appointment:  March 20, 2013
 Baby’s size:  Baby is the size of a Navel Orange.  This week, the baby begins to see light as well as hear sounds! The taste buds are forming and so is the baby's hair. Baby's heart rate was 145bpm at the doctor this week! 
 
How far along:  We are 15 weeks along!
Total weight gain: +4 pounds.  Current weight: 114
Sleep: I am still sleeping wonderfully. 
Maternity Clothes: My leggings are getting tight around the waist so I’m excited for the baby to start moving a little higher in my abdomen.  I can still wear a few pairs of my jeans without the belly band, but It’s time to invest in more belly bands and maxi dresses.  Dresses seem to be the most comfortable for me right now.
Food cravings: This week has been all about Clementine oranges for me.  They’re really high in Vitamin C, which is great.  I usually wake up and eat 4 or 5 right away.  I love how tart this batch has been! I also got a spicy pickle craving.  I wish we had the restaurant The Spicy Pickle here in Texas… those are the best spicy pickles.
 
Food aversions: No food aversions.
Symptoms I have: That sharp Round Ligament Pain is real this week… whew! I have been urinating frequently, still.  I don’t expect that to change anytime soon.  When I lay down sometimes, I can really see the baby bubble.  I still get headaches from time to time and I feel pressure in my abdomen as well.  Everything is stretching and moving around to make room for our sweet babe.
Stretchmarks: Let’s just say the milk ducts must be developing… I haven’t measured but I’m certain I have grown two cup sizes so far… I found a pink line on the underside of one of my “milk makers” this week… I don’t feel bad because I have been staying overly hydrated and lathering my oils and creams on me every day.  I have read that if you’re going to get them, you’re going to get them. Whatever, I guess.  I ran out of my cocoa butter and got some suggestions to try the Vitamin E Oil, so I got some Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Vitamin E Oil.  I love how it smells.  It isn’t too greasy so I try to apply it a few times a day.  The lemon smell is really what entices me.  I guess I’m really into citrus as of late… anything lime, lemon, orange and tart!
Movement: I think I feel some flutters from time to time, but I am hoping that next week I will be able to really feel some real kicks. I really can’t wait for Kiley to feel.
Belly Button: innie
Gender: This week, Kiley and I went to our doctor’s appointment.  It was just a regular appointment and they just did some of the standard tests as usual.  We were the last appointment of the day, so everyone in the office seemed pretty relaxed.  The doctor mentioned that we will have an anatomy scan at our next appointment (revealing the gender of our baby)! She said that if we wanted to find out the gender before then, we could schedule an ultrasound for $65.  We opted out because we can stand to wait four weeks.  She also mentioned that it may be still too early to tell what gender the baby was at this point.  Earlier in the appointment, we told her that if we were to find the gender out today, we wanted the tech to write the gender on a sheet of paper and stick it inside an envelope for us to open when we were ready to know.  As we were checking out, the doctor stopped us and said, “You know what? You’re the last appointment today.  Let’s just go to the ultrasound room and see if we can scan to see what baby is! Do you want to?” Kiley and I just looked at each other with huge grins on our faces.  “Okay!” we enthusiastically replied.  The doctor seemed really excited to perform the ultrasound because usually, the ultrasound tech Jenny is the person who does the scans.  The tech was in the room with us, too.  It was a really fun atmosphere.  I felt like they were just playing after a long day at work, so it seemed fun to me.  I laid back on the table and pulled up my shirt.  Doctor Stevenson covered my belly with the warm gel and began.  It is always so incredible when we get to see our sweet baby… It is growing so much, which makes me so happy.  She said she could tell what gender it was and then blurted out what she thought it was! “OOPS!” she said, “I was supposed to write it down and put it in an envelope for you guys to look at later!” We all joked about how Kiley and I had already talked about opening the envelope on the way home because we wouldn’t be able to wait.  Kiley (being a numbers man) asked, “With what certainty would you say that the gender is a (insert gender here)?”  Doctor Stevenson said, “Well, I’d say I’m about 95% sure. What do you think, Jenny?” Jenny said,” I’d agree, but I have to perform the scan myself to be certain.” So the doctor and Jenny switched spots and Jenny put the device to my belly this time.  “Yep, I’m 100% sure!” So needless to say, we found out the gender this week (at 14w5d)! I am having a gender reveal party in March with my family, so after the party, I will share what the gender is with the rest of you. We couldn’t be more thrilled!







Our sweet baby. *swoon* Look at that belly! So CUTE!!!






Our babe stretching out a little bit. The sonogram photos are getting more clear each week!







Tiny foot and tiny toes.  So in love...







Best moment of the week: The best moment this week was having a girl’s weekend with my girl Carolyn, her daughter Adreena and her mom.  We had a blast! I also got confirmation this week that I will be back in CO for my cousin Katie’s Bridal Shower (and my gender reveal party) next month! I am so excited to see everyone and to help celebrate the wedding of my sister/cousin/bestie!!! I love that all of the cousins in my family are close.  We are all like siblings and I love it. Miss them dearly… I also miss my close friends dearly too.  It will be so nice to see one of my besties, Crystal, and a few other friends at the gender reveal party! I also got asked this week to be a bridesmaid in my friend Carolyn’s wedding in March!!! I am so excited to spend her special day by her side.  What a fun week it has been. 
What I miss: With more inquiries coming in about modeling work that I have had to turn away (for the most part), I am beginning to really miss modeling… With that said, I did a look book shoot with my friend Hunter (Three Nails Photography) and a team of makeup artists and stylists for a new line of NYC designer Alicia Bell’s clothing this weekend. It was a blast and I am excited to share the photos with you!

What I’m looking forward to: I am looking forward to everything that the future holds.  I am so happy! I can see so many exciting and fun things in the days ahead.  I am truly focusing my energy and time on bettering myself to be the best mommy, companion, daughter, friend, sister, student and person that I can possibly be.  It is a fun and challenging journey. Some days, I make more progress than others.  I am loving every moment of this journey.
Additional Details: Feeling overwhelmingly blessed.  There truly are no words.

4 comments:

  1. I am so in love with this baby already! I love you guys so much and can't wait til you get here so I can see you and that baby bump in person!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to see you too Shan!!! :) baby loves you too! Hopefully my bump will grow a little more in the next few weeks for ya ;)

      Delete
  2. SO EXCITING! I wish I would've kept better track of my belly each week! Congrats...again. There's really nothing better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Britt! :) Excited to share this journey with yall

      Delete