Thursday, February 14, 2013

14 Week Update


Date: February 14, 2013


Next Doctor’s Appointment:  February 20, 2013 3:45pm
Baby’s size:  Baby is the size of a large lemon.  It seems like last week’s peach should be larger than this week’s lemon, but whatever haha
How far along:  It is Valentine’s Day (February 14, 2013) and we are 14 weeks along!
Total weight gain: 4 pounds.  Current weight: 114
Sleep: I am sleeping wonderfully. 
Maternity Clothes: My new belly band has come in handy a couple of times already.
Food cravings: Remember that craving I had last week for the new Cucumber Lime Gatorade? I found it at Kroger, bought it & hated it.  It tasted like straight veggies.  In the early days of pregnancy when I was nauseated, I would eat organic lime popsicles.  They were so tasty and very tart.  I love things that are tart.  I haven’t really had many cravings this week.  Still loving those fresh strawberries.
Food aversions: Nothing in particular!
Symptoms I have: My belly seems to be growing a little bit.  I also still visit the restroom frequently due to the 80+ ounces of fluid I am trying to take in a day.
Stretchmarks: No.  Sometimes I have trouble remembering my belly cream though…
Movement: I would love to feel some flutters and kicks! 
Belly Button: innie
Gender: Maybe they will be able to tell the gender at this next appointment.  Since Kiley won’t be able to be there with me, I will have the ultrasound tech put the gender in an envelope so Kiley and I can decide later on if we want to know the gender.  This also allows us to learn the gender at the same time, which I think is important to both of us.
Best moment of the week: The best moments of the week were the moments I got to spend with Kiley.
What I miss: I have really been missing CO this week… I wish we could raise this baby in Boulder, CO, a city we have both fallen in love with. We will make our way back soon enough!
What I’m looking forward to: I am still looking forward to feeling the baby move!   I say that every day… I feel like a broken record lol
Additional Details: I’ve still been getting headaches every day.  Sometimes the yoga and pilates workouts get a little too intense for my muscles and I have to stay in tune when my body to know when to back off a little bit.  On the plus side, I’ve been great with this daily regimen to stay healthy for baby.

Last week, my cousin Nikki said that pregnancy breakouts have been linked to being pregnant with a girl.  It made me wonder what other wives tales were out there! So I did a little research and decided to make this little chart to show if the majority of the wives tales said we were having a girl or a boy.  What do YOU think we are having???

WIVES TALE
OUTCOME
GENDER
ACNE:
If you have more frequent breakouts, you are likely to be carrying a girl.
I have had more breakouts than pre-pregnancy. I used to have such clear skin! Any organic remedies y'all have would be appreciated!

GIRL
HEART RATE:
If the baby’s heart rate is above 140 bpm, it is said that the baby will be a girl.  If it is under 140 bpm, then it will be a boy.

At our 11 week appointment, the baby’s heart rate varied between 160 and 166 bpm.

GIRL
WEIGHT:
If you are carrying high with a big, round belly, you are having a girl.  If you are carrying low with a smaller belly that sticks straight out, it’s a boy.  

Well, so far, my belly is low and small, but that’s typical at this stage in pregnancy. 

BOY
FACE:
When your face gets fuller and rounder when pregnant, it means you’re going to have a girl.  If your face is long and narrow, it’s a boy.  

I feel like my face is pretty much the same at this point…

INCONCLUSIVE
MAYAN:
The Mayan tale adds the mothers age at conception and the year of conception.  If the result is a even number then mom is having a girl.  If the result is an odd number then a boy is on the way!

Age at conception + year of conception

23 years + 2013 = 2036 = even

GIRL
CRAVINGS:
People believe that if you are craving salty foods while pregnant, you can count on having a boy.  If you crave sweets, fruit, and orange juice, you are having a little girl.  

I crave mostly sweet things like fruit and fruit juice.  In my defense, I have always had a big sweet tooth.

GIRL
EYE TEST:
The eye test is when a “V” or “branches” appear when you pull down the skin under your left eye.  If you see a “V” or “branches” in the white part, you’re having a girl.

I don’t have a V or any branches under my left eye.

BOY
MOTHER’S PREGNANCIES:
You can find out the sex by going off of your parent’s kids and the order.  If you are the first born, you will have what your mother had but starting with her second child.  If you are the middle child, you will have what she said, but starting with the third child.  If you are the last child, you will have what your mother had in the exact order. 

I am the middle child.  My mom had my little sister after she had me.  My older sibling is a brother.  According to this tale, I will have a girl, a boy and then another girl.



GIRL
BREAD:
If you eat the ends of bread, it’s a boy.  If you eat the middle of the load, it’s a girl.

I have always eaten the ends of the bread.

BOY
CHINESE CHART:
The Chinese Gender Chart claims to have an accuracy rate of over 90%.  It is based on how old the mother is at conception and the month that she conceived. 

Age at conception: 23
Month of conception: November


BOY
NAUSEA/VOMITING:
If you had a smooth pregnancy with no morning sickness, it’s a boy.  If you were sick or felt really nauseous during your pregnancy, count on a girl.

I did feel uneasy at first, but I only vomited twice in the first trimester. This pregnancy has gone relatively smooth so far.

BOY
FEET:
Are your feet colder now that you are pregnant?  If so, you just might be having a boy.  If your feet have stayed the same before pregnancy and during, you’re having a little girl. 

My foot temperature seems to have stayed the same haha


GIRL
HAIR ON LEGS:
If the hair on your legs has been growing at record speeds, you might be having a boy. 

My hair seems to be growing at the same speed haha

GIRL
HEADACHES:
If you are having headaches, you might be carrying a boy.

I have had pretty consistent headaches lately.

BOY

TALLIES
GIRL = 7/14 = 50%     
BOY = 6/14 = 42.8%

2 comments:

  1. These always crack me up :) I had mostly girl wives tale symptoms and I had a girl so we'll see! Either way you're going to have a beautiful baby, I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      It was so fun to see what the wive's tales revealed! We are excited to share the gender with you and the family at the gender reveal party :) Miss you TONS! xoxo love you

      Delete