Sunday, February 10, 2013

13 Week Update


Date: February 8, 2013

Next Doctor’s Appointment:  February 20, 2013 3:45pm
Baby’s size:  Baby is the size of a peach!!!
How far along:  About 13 weeks! We made it to the SECOND TRIMESTER!!! I read that the developmental stage of the baby is during the first trimester and that the growth stage starts now! The baby is supposed to QUADRUPLE in size during the fourth month! Below I added two photos of this incredible 4th month growth. It doesn't quite look quadrupled to me, but I'm excited for baby to grow, grow, grow!
12-weeks-pregnant16-weeks-pregnant
Total weight gain: 3 pounds, still.  Current weight: 113
Sleep: The only time I get up from my sleep is to pee.  Once I return to bed, I have no trouble falling back asleep.  I still sleep on my belly and on my back, but sleeping on my belly is becoming more and more uncomfortable.  I want to look into one of those full body pregnancy pillows… they look so comfy. Other than that, I sleep very soundly.
Maternity Clothes: I own a few maternity items but I haven’t worn anything yet! My mom and her boyfriend, Pat, sent me a package this week!  It had an adorable fitted maternity dress, fitted top, maternity yoga pants and a belly band! They also sent a few sweet treats and some pregnancy magazines. I am truly so blessed to have a family that cares so much about my and this precious child. Check out my new maternity wardrobe below.
Food cravings: I still want to satisfy my carnival food cravings, but I haven’t given in to them yet… nor have I given in to my chocolate glazed doughnut (with sprinkles) craving. I am trying to eat healthy for the babe.  I heard there was a new Cucumber Lime Gatorade out now.  That sounds amazing and I want to try it. If you see them, tell me where to find them! So far I haven’t seen them at grocery stores or at Walgreens.  Maybe they’re at 7-11? Someone help a sista out.
Food aversions: Nothing in particular. YAY!
Symptoms I have: I pee a lot, but I’m also trying to stay hydrated so it doesn’t bother me too much.  I usually have to get up in the middle of yoga to pee haha.  My belly is getting hard so I have been liberally oiling it up.  I get the occasional headache and I break out from time to time.  I also have minor cramping pains in my abdomen and I assume it’s from all of my guts getting squished and moved as well as my uterus stretching and growing.
Stretchmarks: No
Movement: Still anticipating the movement! Hopefully I will feel something the first part of March. 
Belly Button: innie
Gender: I’m really starting to get curious about the gender of the baby… but If I know, that will put more pressure on the decision to name the baby.  Kiley and I haven’t really even begun to think of names that we like.  I would love to have a gender reveal baby shower if Kiley is up for it.
Best moment of the week: The best moment of this week were getting the sweet care package from my mama and Pat!  It was filled to the brim with new maternity clothes and magazines! (I added a few photos below of the neat things my mama sent) I was also excited to get a package from my uncle Bob of his homemade beef jerky.  This week, I got confirmation that my little sister Mckenzie will be flying into Dallas to see me and Kiley on her 21st birthday (Feb. 28th)! Exciting! Maybe I will feel the baby move by then.  I have felt movement for sure two times, but I want to have no doubt. 

 Care package goodies:

So, before Mom and Pat sent me the awesome belly band, I was rigging my pants up with rubber bands and hair ties when they got too tight.  I don't have to do this with most of my pants (yet) but this particular pair is my favorite (and unfortunately, my smallest pair) so I was sad to "retire" them so soon. 
But now, I no longer have to rig these bad boys up! This belly band is so comfortable, stretchy and awesome.  You can't tell by the photos but it still has a lot of room to stretch out. I'm happy I can now extend the life of my non-maternity clothes.  Goodbye rubber bands!!! 
 I also got some super comfy maternity yoga pants, which is nice because the elastic band on most of my leggings is getting a little snug and adds too much pressure sometimes.  I also got a red, long sleeved maternity top and a cute striped maternity dress! Now, I need a belly to fill out all my cute new clothes! Thank you so much mama and Pat!!! xoxo
 

What I’m looking forward to: I am looking forward to feeling the baby move!!!!!!!   Do I say that often enough? haha
Additional Details: I am happy that Kiley is so patient and loving towards me because this week, I have had my share of emotional breakdowns.  I cry when I’m happy.  I cry when I’m sad.  I cry when I’m frustrated.  I laugh and cry simultaneously because I have no idea why I am crying.  It’s great.  Haha I’m blessed to have a man by my side that can hug me, laugh with me and keep me grounded through these crazy hormones.  I started school again this week and I started off feeling defeated, but I have overcome that and I am prepared for success!!! This week, I did a photo shoot for a clothing boutique in Florida called Deja Vu Boutique (shopdejavu.com) for their Spring 2013 Lookbook.  One of my favorite Southern photographers, Hunter from Three Nails Photography shot this series.  I always love his work! Below, I added some of these (13 week) photos from the photo shoot.  You can view this series on his blog at http://www.threenailsphotography.com/blog/deja-vu-spring-lookbook/












What I miss: I don’t miss anything at this point. Everything is great and I am feeling more blessed than I have ever felt.   Thanking God every day for blessing us with this child and praying that His will is done with our babe.  I understand why mommies obsess about their babies now.  From the beginning, the baby becomes your entire world.  I want our child to be healthy, happy, free from worry and filled with gratitude, appreciation and love for the miraculous world we live in.





2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on the start of your 2nd trimester. It's going SO fast!!! You look GORGEOUS, as usual. P.S. I read this week that an expectant mother who suffers from occasional breakouts is 90x's more likely to be carrying a baby GIRL?!?!?! :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, love! Did you really read that? Hmmmm, I wonder if that is true! ;) neither of us really have a preference. We are both just excited for a healthy babe! I should put a poll on here and see what the general consensus is!

      Delete